- BlueHost Review
- User Review
Bluehost is a widely recognized brand name in hosting industry. The hosting company started business in year 1996 and is currently hosting over 1,000,000 domain names. Bluehost offers only one hosting plan (unlimited shared hosting) to avoid confussion. Unlimited storage, bandwidth, and addon domain is offered in this hosting plan; and this means users get to host unlimited websites in a single hosting account.
Note that Bluehost also co-owns Hostmonster (another hosting company) thus their hosting deals are pretty alike.
Editor’s Review on BlueHost Hosting
Jerry (one of our editors) has been using BlueHost since year 2005 and highly recommend the web host. Here’s what we think about BlueHost based on our recent studies:
What’s good about BlueHost?
- Reputable brand name and very popular – A very good choice if you wish to ‘stay with the crowd’.
- Comprehensive technical and sales supports – 24/7 customer supports via toll-free phone, live chat, email, and forum.
- Protective refund policy – Cancel your BlueHost subscription any time and get pro-rated refunds.
- Affordable hosting plan – Host unlimited websites and setup up to 2,500 email accounts in one hosting account for less than $7 per month.
- Reliable hosting services – Despite some minor customers complaints, the server in Bluehost we are tracking is doing great (over 99.8%); hence we believe the frequent downtime issue is only happening for certain server box.
- Support Simple Scripts – BlueHost is one of the very few that supports Simple Scripts, this means more options in auto-install web applications.
- Attractive free marketing credits – $25 Yahoo! ad credits and $50 Google ad credits.
What’s bad about BlueHost?
- Limited MySQL databases – Only 100 databases is allowed at BlueHost.
- CPU throttle – Some users complain that BlueHost is ‘mis-using’ the CPU throttle features (the web host will cut down users’ CPU resources whenever they think you are over-using it).
- Limited hosting options – BlueHost does not provide different level hosting thus customers who wish to upgrade to VPS or dedicated hosting will need to switch web host.
Demand Over BlueHost (Traffics Review)
As mentioned, BlueHost is an extremely popular brand in web hosting industry. This statment is supported by chart below as it’s clear that the brand name ‘BlueHost’ is getting a lot more attention than most of its competitors.
BlueHost Uptime Review
From our observation, BlueHost server is doing very reliable. We can’t deny that there are quite some server-related complaints but seeing that there are more than 1,000,000 domain hosted at BlueHost, we believe the complaints are coming from a minority group of BlueHost users. Our current tracked hosting servers are averaging more than 99.8% uptime which in our opinion is very good.
For reference, the dynamic image (source) on the right indicates our BlueHost server uptime for the past 7 days.
Is BlueHost Hosting Recommended?
Yes, we highly recommend BlueHost service. We are convinced that Bluehost is a responsible company that cares a lot about their customers and think that their anytime refund policy is extremely valuable. If you are looking for an affordable yet reliable web host, BlueHost is absolutely one of your top choices.
In case you wish to learn more about BlueHost , visit online: http://www.bluehost.com
Order BlueHost Now