- HostGator Review
- User Review
Based in Houston, Texas, HostGator was founded in 2002 by a university student (current president and CEO) Brent Oxley. Since then the hosting company has grown from a small web host with just three servers into a industry recognized hosting provider with more than 5,000 servers.
In August 2008, the company was ranked 21st in Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing America Companies and top among all hosting companies.
Editor’s Review on HostGator Hosting
HostGator offers wide range of web hosting services. Shared, VPS, dedicated, and even reseller hosting are all available in both Windows and Linux OS at HostGator. For the ease of reference, we will review its (most popular) shared hosting plans – the BabyGator and BusinessGator Plans. Listed below are the pros and cons of HostGator hosting services.
What’s good about HostGator?
- Reliable web hosting services – Fast and extremely reliable hosting servers (over 99.9% uptime).
- Eco-friendly web hosting service – All HostGator servers are 130% wind powered (means they are generating more clean power than they are using).
- Unlimited MySQL databases – Unlimited databases is a huge plus for those who wish to host multiple websites in one account.
- Supreme customer support – HostGator provides excellent after-sales service via 24/7 toll-free phone, live chat, email, and a "hyper-active" employee-based forum (note that HostGator is the only web host that has its employees monitoring and responding on its support forum).
- Long trial period – HostGator customers get up to 45 days of trial period.
- Lots of hosting options – HostGator provides different level of web hosting services (shared/VPS/dedicated/reseller; Windows/Linux hosting) hence customers can expand their websites without worrying about hosting upgrades.
- Great hosting features – Get features that you can’t get from most other web host from Hostgator including Chilisoft ASP, Curl, GD, Image Magick, ZenCart, osCommerce, and Cube Cart.
- Best business hosting plan – Free private SSL, dedicated IP, and toll free number (with free call time) for BusinessGator Hosting Plan users; this makes HostGator the best in term of business hosting.
What’s bad about HostGator?
- Expensive – Hostgator’s shared hosting plan price is slightly higher than most other web host (roughly $1 to 3/mo extra compare to the average); but, you get what you paid for – topnotch hosting and after-sales service.
- Unlike most other web hosts, HostGator does not offer free domain name (however this is just a $10/yr issue).
Demand Over HostGator (Traffics Review)
HostGator is a very popular web host and need little introduction. From the graph you can see that the hosting company is well above of its class, the only competitor that comes close is BlueHost.
HostGator Uptime Review
HostGator server uptime performance is simply stunning. The reliable server makes us like their service so much and think they offer the best business hosting in this price range. Our current tracked hosting servers are averaging more than 99.9% uptime which in our opinion is superb!
For your reference, figure (source) on right side shows HostGator Hosting uptime statistic for the past 7 days.
Is HostGator Hosting Recommended?
If you ask us who has the best web hosting, HostGator will be the first name that pops up in our mind. HostGator, without doubt, is on the top of its game. If you are looking for a web host that’s great in all angle (and don’t mind paying a little extra), HostGator is your answer. We are big fans of HostGator and strongly recommend this web host to all sort of websites,
More details, please visit HostGator online: http://www.hostgator.com
Order HostGator Now